We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time with, or without, prior notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarise yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this website after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified Terms and Conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorised activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorised or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any http://rootdev3.co.uk employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Eve Appeal and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfil any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defence of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Integrity in our Fundraising
The support and generosity of each and every one of our donors is vital to continuing our work and hugely appreciated. We aim for transparency and integrity in every engagement with our supporters and to achieve the highest possible standards in our fundraising.
The Eve Appeal is pleased to be a member of the Fundraising Regulator (FR), the independent regulator of charity fundraising in the UK. This means that we adhere to the highest standards of fundraising practice and follow the Code of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Promise.
In our fundraising we are committed to being honest, transparent, respectful, fair and accountable and to complying fully with all aspects of charity law.
We value our supporters’ rights to privacy and we do not share our donors’ personal details with third parties, including other charities, for their own purposes.
If you would like to find out more about any area of our fundraising practice please contact our Head of Fundraising Toni Kitchingman
At The Eve Appeal we strive to provide the highest standards of supporter care both to our donors and to those for whom we provide a service. We love to hear from our supporters, not only when things are going well, but also when we can do something better. We view complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person, organisation or stakeholder that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are maintained in a positive manner.
Written complaints may be sent to:
The Eve Appeal
15B Blythe Road
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verbal complaints may be made by phone by calling 020 7605 0100 (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
We aim to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible and within 10 working days.
If we need to look into the matter further then we will be in touch to let you know the timescale for our response and the steps we are taking.
If you are not happy with our response
The majority of complaints can be resolved by the member of the team who is responsible for a particular area of work (Ask Eve Specialist Gynaecological Cancer Information Service, information and awareness work, funding of medical research or fundraising) and we aim to respond to feedback as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you are not happy that the problem has been satisfactorily resolved, then please let us know and we will pass your complaint to a member of the senior management team. A senior member of staff will review your complaint and will be in touch to let you know the timescale of our response and the steps being taken to deal with the issue raised. Following this we will send you a written response to your complaint.
If, after these two stages have been completed, you feel that your complaint has still not been resolved to a satisfactory standard, then depending on the nature of the complaint you can contact the following external bodies who will aim to help you resolve the issue.
Please contact the Fundraising Regulator, the independent fundraising regulator or by post to Fundraising Regulator, 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH or by phone on 0300 999 3407 or by email: email@example.com.
Complaints about the work of the charity
Information about the kind of complaints the Charity Commission can involve itself in can be found on their website.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
- any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from The Eve Appeal or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. The Eve Appeal will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
Copyrights and Trademarks
All content and materials available on http://rootdev3.co.uk, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, layout, images and logos are the intellectual property of The Eve Appeal, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorised by The Eve Appeal.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
This website is controlled by The Eve Appeal from our offices located in the UK. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of the UK, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of the UK, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site. Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in UK. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, The Eve Appeal EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
If you have any questions or comments about these our Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at:
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
If we decide to change our Terms and Conditions, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the Terms and Conditions modification date below.
This agreement was last modified on March 30th, 2017.