Getting involved is simple, just follow these quick and easy steps to get you on your way:
1. Decide on your personal challenge and how long you are going to do it for
Giving yourself a month-long challenge, you could aim to do a marathon or why not take 7,824 steps each day – one for each of the women who die every year from a gynaecological cancer. The options really are limitless and if you’d like some more suggestions that will work for you, just get in touch. All the money you raise will help us fund research and raise awareness for the prevention of gynaecological cancers.
2. Join #TeamEve on Strava to keep count of your challenge
Use Strava to keep track of how many miles / steps you are doing. We’ve set up two Eve clubs which you can join to keep up with other members of Team Eve, share progress and motivate each other:
3. Create a fundraising page using JustGiving
Personalise it (pages with a photo and story are more likely to get sponsorship) and then share it with friends, family, and colleagues to start fundraising.
4. Promote your page on WhatsApp and social media
If you tag @eveappeal on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram we’ll try and share / like your post.
5. Update your fundraising page with photos and comments to let your sponsors know how you are doing as well as once you’ve completed the challenge
It is key when doing a virtual challenge to keep friends and family engaged – it will also give you more motivation. We recommend sharing screenshots from your fitness tracker and posting it on your fundraising page so all your sponsors know that you’re doing / have completed this amazing challenge. Do send photos to us as well, we’d love to hear all about how you are doing.
6. Once you’ve completed your challenge, let everyone know and say thank you!
You’ve completed an amazing challenge and should be proud of yourself. Your support will help us to protect more women and their families from gynaecological cancers.
If you have any queries do just get in touch with our fundraising team either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7605 0103.