We know that sometimes it can be a bit daunting to start fundraising, especially if you have never done it before. But that is why we are here – to help you raise sponsorship and make fundraising as easy as possible.
Below we have listed a step-by-step guide to help you plan your fundraising:
- Decide on a target. Think how many friends, family members and colleagues are likely to sponsor you. If you have 150 friends on Facebook and they all sponsored £5 then that is an amazing £750 you have raised!
- Break your target down into manageable chunks: if your target is £500 try to think of it small chunks, such as 5 lots of £100. Every time you raise another £100 you will know you are another 20% closer to your target.
- Set up a Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving page as an individual or for your team, they are a great way to kick-start your fundraising and are really simple to use. For a step-by-step guide on how to step up a Just Giving page click here, alternatively check out our top tips for raising money online. For a step-by-step guide on how to set up a Virgin Money Giving page click here, alternatively check out out our top tips for raising money online.
- It is good to have a couple of ideas planned to help you reach your target, in addition to your Virgin Money Giving page; it could be anything from a bake sale to organising a dress down day in your office. Why not take a look at our A-Z of fundraising ideas to get some inspiration.
- Write a press release – tell everyone about the amazing challenge you are taking on, you can even include a link to your Virgin Money Giving page to help increase donations. Click here to download our press release template.
If you would like some help or have any questions then do get in touch as we are always happy to suggest some fundraising ideas and offer advice; contact the Eve Team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 020 7605 0109.