Here are some simple steps on how to get involved:
- If you haven’t already, sign up for your free Make Time for Tea fundraising pack here or by giving the Rosa and Becky a call on 020 7605 0103.
- Decide on a date and time to hold your virtual tea party – we’d love if you can hold yours in March for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month but completely understand if you need to hold yours during another month.
- Create a Facebook Fundraising page (choose fundraisers for a charitable organisations) – this way everyone who joins can share photos of them enjoying tea and cake at home and also donate. If you don’t have Facebook, you can also use JustGiving to ask for donations and Skype / WhatsApp to chat to those attending – make sure you send us a link to your fundraising page!
- Let friends, family and colleagues know either by email, WhatsApp or social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) – don’t forget to share your Facebook / JustGiving page.
- Include some virtual games during your event e.g. guess the weight of the cake, gynae cancer word search or name the teddy bear – just ask everyone to give a suggested donation of £2 to take part. Visit www.eveappeal.org.uk/teamaterials
- On the day (or just before), dig out your best mug / loveliest tea set and make sure there’s cake in the house!
- Try to make the event feel like the real thing, chat online with others, through a video call or set up a WhatsApp group. Comment on how delicious each other’s cakes look, swap your favourite recipes, share GIF’s or send voice messages to make the event as interactive as possible – and don’t forget to raise awareness. Our Educating Eve resources might help to get the conversation started!
- Encourage everyone to donate the price they would expect to pay for tea and cake either to your Facebook Fundraising page or JustGiving page
- After the event, show lots of love and appreciation to everyone who joined you at your virtual tea party by thanking them
It is that simple! All funds from JustGiving or Facebook will automatically come to us (just make sure you share your link with us so we know how you’ve raised your money) so there’s nothing else for you to do!
Sophia, who held a Virtual Tea party, says: “It was lovely to ‘get together’. Due to geographical distance we wouldn’t have been able to meet in person anyway but in this current climate being unable to meet is a reality for us all. The emotional impact of isolation on someone going through treatment and their loved ones is unimaginable and has been on my mind recently. So making a little effort by baking a cake, setting the table and connecting via video call for a virtual tea party felt special and meaningful. We raised a cup to all the Eves out there!”
If you have any queries about holding your virtual tea party please do get in touch, we’d be more than happy to help – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7605 0109.
Ask your friends and family to donate the cost of their cuppa
Why not ask your friends and family to donate what they would normally spend on a trip to their local café to The Eve Appeal instead?
Here are some simple steps to getting started:
- Set up a JustGiving page and copy and paste Eve’s Virtual Café Menu (see below). Or you could get creative and make your own
- Ask people to donate what they would usually spend during a café trip. This might be just the cost of a coffee but it will soon add up
- Share your page with friends, family and colleagues via social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), email and Whatsapp
- Show your fundraisers lots of love! Send them a big THANK YOU after they have donated
Virtual café menu:
Americano – £2.20
Latte – £2.50
English Breakfast Tea – £2
Hot Chocolate – £2.50
Victoria Sponge – £2.50
Chocolate Brownie – £2
Flapjack – £1.50
Blueberry Muffin – £2
Pain au Chocolat – £2.50
Cream Tea – £5
Afternoon Tea for Two – £35