Come up with a fundraising idea
If you have decided on what type of fundraiser you want to hold, then you can jump straight to step 2. However, if you are in need of some inspiration, check out our fundraising ideas here. There is something for everyone!
Set a date
Decide on a date for your fundraising event. You could tie-in your fundraising plans with seasonal holidays such as Christmas or Halloween.
Set a location
You could hold your event at home, at school, in the office or at your local community centre.
As you might need to book a venue for the event, try and organise this as soon as possible. It is important to take into account location, size of the venue and accessibility.
Get friends and family on board
Get friends and family to help out with the event. The more the merrier! They could help bake cakes, sell tickets, decorate the venue or get raffle prizes.
Get in touch
We are here to help, so please do get in touch about your fundraising plans and any questions you might have.
We also have lots of fundraising materials available, ranging from leaflets to balloons, which we are happy to send over!
Contact our fundraising team either by giving us a call on 020 7605 0109 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the word
- Get social – use your social media accounts to share your fundraising event and/ or online fundraising page with friends and family. If you tag @eveappeal we will try and like and share your post
- Write a blog – share both your fundraising experience and your connection to The Eve Appeal
- Local press – if you are looking to share your story in a local newspaper or radio station, get in contact by giving us a call on 020 7605 0109 or emailing email@example.com, so we can provide you with our press release template
Maximise your fundraising
- Set up an online fundraising page – setting up an online fundraising page is a really easy way to collect donations. We recommend using JustGiving, download our guide on how to set up your page
- Gift Aid – please check here to see if your donation is eligible for Gift Aid, so we can claim an extra 25p from the taxman for every £1 you’ve raised
- Get your money matched – some companies take part in matched giving schemes where you may be able to double the money you raise – simply check with your employer
- Get free prizes – local companies are often happy to support with prizes. We can provide a Letter of Authenticity once you have a date for your event
Check out our fundraising guidelines here on how to ensure your event is safe and legal. We also have specific guides on raffles and bucket collections below:
Fundraising events are meant to be fun – it’s in the name! Make sure you enjoy the day and take lots of photos!
Pay in your funds
Click here to see the several ways you can pay in your fundraising money. The money you have raised will help to fund vital research and raise awareness of the five gynaecological cancers.